Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How does your Garden Grow?

Mine is growing very well...thank you! Last Saturday Ryan and I got a whim and decided to plant a container garden. We loved having one at our old house, and we do have more yard here, but the landscaping was already finished, so would have to pull some bushes and trees to put a garden spot in one place. So, our solution was container garden. We bought 7 pots and the most beautiful soil I've ever seen! Ryan figured out how to run drippers to each of the pots so watering will be easier.
Here's a birds eye view (from our balcony) of the pot placement.
We planted: Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Zucchini, Squash, Red & Green Bell Peppers, Anaheim Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, and a little herb garden of basil, cilantro and chives.
The peppers are for the fresh salsa recipe I make. and the basil is for bruschetta and( feeding Parker's lizard.)
I'm soooo excited for fresh vegies ...hope they come soon!

2 Comments:

Natalie said...

What an awesome idea. Would love to grow a garden. Perhaps you can give me pointers for a fall garden.

Debbie Freeman said...

Thanks for the great idea!! I usually miss the boat on planting, thanks for reminding me and giving me the bug! Hope your garden grows well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...