Today was officially the first day of Spring Break. Ryan and Mark left early to go 4-wheelin' and I let the kids (and myself) sleep in a bit. Then I broke the news to them. In order to have a full week of fun and friends, they needed to devote a little time to ME today for a little spring cleaning. Parker was, of course, reluctant, but Miranda was ready to get busy. I had already gotten a head start on the cleaning process, so they just had a couple things to do. Clean their rooms , bathroom and straighten the DVD's & video game area.
Miranda loves to have her room clean, so she got right to work. I could hear her singing along to Les Miserables as she straightened and organized. I peeked in to check her progress and she happened to be hanging up the perfect spring break T-shirt.....
Parker already had his room "straightened" and was working on the DVD's.
(don't let the smile fool you...he wasn't super happy about doing this job)
After things were straightened, we went out for lunch and a little shopping.
Miranda picked up some new church shoes and a dress while Parker was more interested in the techo gear and picked up a megaphone (complete with siren...yippee).
We stopped to get a Slurpee before heading home -( not because it was hot outside, but don't get me started on the weather)
Next door to 7-11 is a puppy store, so we took a peek inside.....
This little pug was everyone's favorite!
Parker tried to hook up with a couple friends, but it didn't work, so the rest of the evening we just hung out at home. (That's my favorite part)
Not a bad start to our Spring Break!
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Spring Cleaning
at
10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment