This week is Nevada Reading week at Parker's School. Each day they have a theme based on the theme of "Ride the Reading Train". Today, however, it is a tradition to have a Booknic during lunch time. Parents are invited to come and eat lunch with their kids and read a book together. I've gone with Parker every year since 1st grade except once (and believe me...he let me hear about it!). So today I brought him lunch and we had a fun booknic together.
He couldn't believe I remembered to bring my camera. I don't really read to him, but we had a fun lunch together. On Friday, their theme is Dr. Seuss day and you come as a Dr. Seuss character. Well...Parker decided he wants to bring a puppet of the Zizzer-Zazzer- Zuzz from the ABC book. (wish me luck) He got out the book to see what it looked like, and the kids were amazed at how much I remembered. I could recite almost every alphabet rhyme by heart. This was one of their favorites when they were little. They also loved Go Dog, Go! and One Fish, Two Fish.
I used to love story time right before bed. They would ask me to read books over and over each night. I guess that's why I remember them so well.
I've saved all the Dr. Seuss collection we have...even though they don't read them anymore, it brings back too many memories and I can't seem to get rid of them.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Booknic
at
7:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
I remember when you used to recite Green Eggs and Ham to your baby brother. He loved it.
Too fun. I need to get me some Dr. Suess books to read to the kids.
Post a Comment