Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wii Love

Parker has been patiently waiting for a new game to be released for Wii...Super Smash Bros. Brawl. He's wanted to pre order it for weeks now, but I'm not one for pre-ordering things. So I know he wasn't too happy with me. It was bad enough that the game was released on Sunday and he couldn't buy it until Monday. He was already thinking about how agonizing it would be Monday at school while he wondered if I was able to find it or not. He even went so far as to want to go Saturday to pre-pay for the game then go Sunday to just pick it up. "That's not technically buying it on Sunday" he tried to convince me.
So then he decided that since Target opened at 8am we could go pick it up before school. Well, somehow I let it slip that Sam's Club opens at 7am. I didn't need to say anymore. Bright and early at 6:30am Monday morning Parker was up, dressed and ready to go to Sam's Club. He was able to play with the game for a bit before school and hasn't come up for air yet. Except when I make him stop for breakfast, school, dinner, homework and bed. Parker has been obsessed about a video game before. It's so funny to see his nervousness while he is waiting for the game to be released. He can't think about much else until he has the game in his little hands.
To go along with this little story is the method of payment for this game. He is only allowed to purchase one item a month with his own money. So he was planning to purchase this game for his March purchase. However, he remembered that the Easter Bunny sometimes gives him games and such in his basket so he thought he could save his own money and wait for Easter. But that would mean two more agonizing weeks of waiting. Soooo....he came up with another plan. Report Cards come out this week, and he decided that the game would be a great reward for getting straight "A"s.
I should have made him wait until the report cards come out tomorrow, but I can't be that mean. (I know....I'm a pushover)
So all is well in Parker's world this week!

2 Comments:

Natalie said...

You are definately a push over Ging. But being as he's a good kid...I'd let it slide too.

Verlynn said...

And, what if it's not straight A's? This SRB stuff is fun anyway don't you think? Logan wants to get the same game. Goofy guys.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...