Sunday, June 22, 2008

And he's off....

This morning (and I do mean EARLY- 4:30am morning)I took Ryan and Kory to the airport. Their flight took off at 7am and they won't arrive in Africa until noon Monday. That flight alone is enough to make me think twice about going, but Ryan is an old pro at the long flight since this will be his 4th time going.
I recall when Ryan started thinking about his first trip to Africa in 2002. His exact words were "It's a trip of a lifetime, I may never get an opportunity to go again." Famous last words!
Now after returning to the Dark Continent in 2003, and 2005, he's off on another adventure. This time he plans to hunt hippo, crocodile, and Cape Buffalo. Of course there may be a few extra animals thrown in before he's done.
Thankfully he purchased a Satellite phone so we can easily keep in touch.
He plans to call me every morning around 10am, as he is getting ready to go to bed. There is a 9 hour time difference. I can call him whenever needed, but I can also send him unlimited texts using the sat phone web site.
Ryan won't be home until Friday, July 11th. The kids and I have a few plans to keep busy while he's gone. I'm sure the time will pass quickly and he'll be home sharing all his hunting stories before you know it.
He wants to start a hunting blog when he gets back. Perhaps I'll surprise him and get one started.

Yesterday was Miranda's Broadway Recital and can you believe I didn't take one picture. Well, in my defense, there was no photography allowed during the performance, and she wasn't in any of her costumes before or afterwards.
She did an excellent job, as usual. I'm always amazed that such talent comes out of her. She is an amazing performer and just always a delight to watch.
Tomorrow night her Broadway class is performing a special play for the mother's of the students (family is invited too). I'm looking forward to it and will try to remember my camera.
Well, I'm off for a wee nap (I don't function well on 5 hours of sleep). Parker wants to make chocolate chips later, so I need to get some energy!

0 Comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...