So please bear with me while I tell about our weekend.
Saturday was quite the exciting day for Miranda.
First of all....it was the release of the special edition of Eclipse, the third book in the Twilight series. This edition had a preview of the first chapter of the fourth book coming out in August, as well as a picture of the book cover. Since Miranda already owns the 3rd book, I wasn't about to let her buy it, so at 9am we drove to Barnes & Noble to sit and read the preview chapter. Of course I sat down and read it as well.
She's super excited for the 4th book. Miranda and all her Twerd buddies are planning to attend a Release Party (aka Vampire Prom) the night the book comes out.

Miranda has also been wanting to get her hair cut short for quite some time. I suppose if she's ready then I'm ready. But it's sooooo hard to
let her do it. I'm still holding on to that little girl with long golden ringlets cascading down her back. I guess once she cuts her hair she'll seem too grown up. We both had a hair appointment yesterday so while I was being a human TV antenna with all the foils in my hair, she was getting her hair CUT.....and I do mean CUT!!!!!
Just look at the length that was cut.
It took all my strength to keep from grabbing the scissors out of Debbie's hands. And here I thought she was my friend. There was seriously enough hair on the floor to
make a new wig!
Miranda was actually enjoying seeing me squirm each time a length of hair was cut. In the end...it did turn out very cute. Miranda, of course, would not pose for a picture for me. So I snuck in this shot telling her it was of the back of her hair.
Debbie did a great job, I love all the fun layers. Hopefully Miranda will be able to style it by herself easily, that's what she really wanted. She is really starting to look like a teenager (which she will be in one month!)
Next it was my turn to get my hair cut....and I guess Debbie was in a short hair mode that day because WOW......my hair is short! I'm having a harder time adjusting to my hair than Miranda is to her hair. I will admit, it was easier to style this morning, but still need to adjust since I've been trying to grow it out for so long now.
(Don't worry Debbie, I didn't cry too long this morning.... he he)
Parker and Ryan went to Cedar Friday and Saturday. Parker had a great time with his cousin Walker and Grandma Dennett. He finally got to go to the Pawn Shop in Cedar...a dream of his. He showed me his treasure this morning and it will totally fit in his collection of "Useless Junk" (that's his name not mine)
The funny thing is.....when I arrived home late last night after being in Henderson making the Wedding cake,(photo's will be coming soon) I saw this GIANT zucchini sitting in our driveway. My first thought was..."why in the world did Ryan agree to let Parker buy this at the Pawn Shop".
Come to find out.... this zucchini is being passed around the ward to unsuspecting families. It was started by Parker's Webelo leaders (they also have a giant muffin that Parker wants badly)
Now, much to Parker's dismay, we get to pass along the zucchini to someone else ...whew!
So if you find a giant zucchini on your doorstep do NOT return it to me or it may come back to haunt you! Maybe I should just make zucchini bread to pass along instead, hummm.....
Now I'm off to make 200 chocolate dipped heart cookies for the wedding next Saturday....I may even sneak a few for myself....they are soooo yummy!
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Lots of Stories to tell....
at
4:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
I have to download some program or other to be able to get the pics off my camera. Logan says he'll find it and try to get it done tomorrow. If not, I'll sick Natalie on it. Does the Zucchini story come with the monster? Crazy stuff.
Miranda's hair is sooo cute Ginger. I love the length. I'd love something like that for me...in desperate need of a hair cut myself.
Post a Comment