I'm not necessarily an overly organized person, but I do have a thing about having some resemblance of order in my house. I have always dreamed of those beautiful closets we always see in magazines or advertisements that are super organized and functional.
Well now my dream has become a reality!
A few weeks ago we finalized plans for new organized closets. We had originally scheduled the installation for June 12th, but because I decided to go to Cedar, we rescheduled for 24th. This was rather convenient for Ryan because he would miss out on all the mess and headache of it all. He was quite excited to be able to come home to newly organized closets that would magically appear. Anyway, We wanted to do new flooring in the closets but couldn't decide what to do and ran out of time before Ryan had to leave. So he just took up the carpet and baseboards and left it bare floored for installation. Ryan did help me clear out the dressers and cleared some things out of his closet before leaving as well.
Here's a before photo of my closet.

You may think this doesn't look too bad, but mind you, I have already cleared out half my stuff before I remember to take a photo. ( yes I have my shirts in rainbow order) Notice the lovely bare floor/beach towel motif.
Our bedroom (and Parker's room as overflow) looked like a tornado hit!!!
I waited to take out the hanging clothes until the morning of installation.
Here's how my bedroom looked during installation...

So at the end of day one our closets are half installed....
The workers left all their tools and equipment and promised to return early the next day to finish.
It was actually a good thing that Ryan was gone for this event. I don't know how we would have both fit in the bed to sleep that night. I half debated about sleeping on the couch, but love my bed too much. Since I had clothes everywhere I had no place to put my bed pillows that night so I just cleared off enough room for me to sleep. Good thing I'm not a crazy sleeper or this wouldn't have worked.
I know you're thinking I'm crazy for taking photo's of this, but I wanted Ryan to see what he missed out on.
Just as promised, they arrived early to complete the job.
It took a total of about 6 hours to complete. I was soooo excited to see them!
Here's the finished product without our stuff back in.
And here is our -almost completed- filled closet. 

I took the picture before I put in my shoes and other folding items. But you get the idea.
I'm sooooo excited about these new organizers! I hope I'll be able to keep them just the way they are today. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get the flooring in and new doors. (I couldn't stand those "upgraded" mirror doors) Although the beach towel carpet may start a new trend. Perhaps that can be Ryan's part while I'm away at Girls camp for a week.
I still have some putting away to do, but haven't had a chance to finish it up just yet. I think Ryan will be pleasantly surprised about the "magical" organized closets we now have!
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Organization at last.....
at
11:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
Wow, you're all fancy shmancy and stuff. Looks good though. And I organize by rainbow color too!!
Nifty! Looks great. I don't do the rainbow thing, sorry. Actually, I'm doing pretty good if stuff even makes it into the closet.
I love the closet!!! You have inspired me, that will be on my "things to do in the next 5 years list." :)
That looks so nice. I would love to have little nooks and crannys for everything to have its own place.
Post a Comment