I have officially been converted to the dark side....
But hey...I figure if Weird Al is good enough for Donny Osmond, then it's good enough for me!
Check this out from You-Tube
Last night I took Parker and two of his buddies to see Weird Al in concert. Ryan conveniently was out of the country so he was unable to do this father son bonding moment with him.
We started the evening early....very early.... with dinner. The boys got to choose where to go eat so naturally Parker chose Olive Garden. 
Now most of you know that I have a bit of OCD when it comes to being on time for things. Since the concert was in Henderson, I had it planned out so we would arrive 30-60 minutes ahead of schedule (depending on the wait at Olive Garden). Shockingly, there was immediate seating for dinner so we were a bit ahead of schedule (no problem there). The ticket print out stated 7:00 pm to start. So when we arrived at the Henderson Pavillion at 6pm and there were NO cars to be found I was a bit nervous that I had the correct venue. I went up to the Box office to pick up the tickets and the poster in the window clearly stated an 8:00pm start time! I'm all about early but this was rediculous!
So what to do with 3 10 year olds to kill an hour???
Go shopping of course!
We were right across from the District shopping center and the boys spotted Sharper Image right away! They took turns trying out the massage chair since they were all tired and their muscles were sore from playing Wii!
We arrived back to the venue to reclaim our incredible parking spot and wait in line for the gates to open. (Open-Open-Open) Remember that Mervyn's commercial?
Anyway...all the boys had planned on getting a T-shirt to remember this wonderful evening. 
They certainly blended in with the other Al fans with their matching shirts.
I,however, forgot my Hawaiian shirt so was sticking out like a sore thumb!
We had Excellent seats just 6 rows from the stage right in the center. We were right behind the walking row and the boys didn't have any seats in front of them to block their view!
Weird Al didn't disappoint his fans. He did all his popular songs like Eat it, Yoda, Stuck in the Drive Through, and White & Nerdy. He even donned a fat suit for I'm Fat.
I'm not what you would call a "fan" so I wasn't familiar with some of his songs. But they were entertaining to say the least.
The highlight was when the stage was lined with Stormtroopers and Darth Vader while he sang The Saga Begins.
I felt bad that Miranda didn't go but she double and triple assured me she was not offended in any way that we left her at home.
Did I have fun....yep
Would I go again....believe it or not yes!
Parker will have to teach me a few more of his songs so I can sing along more next time.
Saturday, June 28, 2008
White & Nerdy
at
3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
Logan says he'll be on for next time. Nat and Loney too. Heck, maybe even me.
Oh yea, I'm so there next time!!
Post a Comment