Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All is well...

Whew...the kids survived the first day of school.
Miranda woke up bright and early to get ready with no complaints.
She even smiled for her back to school photo!


I think Gus is more excited than the kids. Ryan is my morning half of Miranda's carpool and last year he started letting Gus ride along in the back of the truck. Gus was so excited to start going again he goes around yelping and whining. He's always right at the door when it's time to go.


Miranda had been a bit bummed with her schedule. Her classes were far apart and she only had one class with a friend that she knew of. But as she gave me the class by class rundown, it wasn't as bad as she had thought. In fact she was in an excellent mood when I picked her up (that's a good sign)
Parker was a little slower to wake, but still excited and ready to go.

When I dropped him off I asked if he wanted me to walk down with him. He told me he didn't care, but to spare him the embarrassment I decided to just drop him off.
BUT I couldn't stand it...I got out and watched from the fence. I've never been one to have a hard time with the first day of school, but I did.

I was hoping he wouldn't notice me, but my bright pink shirt gave me away. He was even chosen to read the morning announcements by his teacher.
Parker also had a great first day. He even finished his homework right away! (very unlike Parker)
I hope the rest of the school year goes as smooth as the first day! Now to just get my own routine down.

2 Comments:

Verlynn said...

So glad it was a good first day for everyone (even Gus).

heather said...

I don't know how you do it. I am a basket case for Ian to go to school. I hope that it eases a bit once they get older. Glad that they both had a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...