Oh What a Night!
The evening couldn't come fast enough for Miranda and her Twi-hard friends.
Starting at 5pm they met for dinner, and preparations for the Prom.
I arrived at 8pm so we could all ride together They all looked so beautiful...
Miranda had received a set of temporary tattoos from my sister a while back and she'd been saving them for just such an occasion.
(It says Edward)
When we arrived at Barnes & Noble around 8:30 there was already a bit of a line out the door. The girls in the front said they had been there since 7:30pm.
We waited patiently (and impatiently) for 9pm to arrive. Miranda and the girls called one of their friends who wasn't able to make it and spoke with her on speaker phone so she wouldn't feel left out.
There was quite the array of costumes and prom dresses.
Some of them even wore fangs...how dare they!
Once inside and wristbands were in tow the girls checked out the place. They had different activities planned throughout the night, including trivia contests, fortune teller, prom queen voting, vampire fear factor and prom photo's.
The girls headed to Starbucks for a strawberry something or other and hung out for a minute. 
They couldn't sit still very long and had to check everything out.
Miranda went to check out the trivia contest and found out you had to sign up to join. She was so bummed because she totally would have won!
Julie, one of the moms, decided to try her hand at the over 17 trivia contest...and she actually WON! (with just a little help from the group)
at this point it was 10:30pm and more hanging out to be done.
While the girls stood in line for the fortune teller, the moms walked over to Chili's for a little chips and chocolate!
We came back around 11:45 just in time for the big moment!
10..9..8..7..6..5..4..3..2..1...AHHHHHHHHH!
Finally....The wait is over!
The girls had reserved a book so they were one of the first in line....by 12:04pm Miranda was holding Breaking Dawn!
It was the longest checkout EVER!!!!!
We mom's had to wait until 12:20ish before we could get our book because we hadn't reserved copies (yes I bought one too)
When we went outside to find the girls they were sitting on the curb reading...
We were hushed the whole drive home so as not to interrupt their precious reading time.
Miranda was so excited to finally have the book
All the girls spent the night at Brookes house to stay up and read the night away!
And Miranda literally stayed up ALL night!
It was a fun experience and I even got a little girl time with the other moms.
I'm off today (with my copy of Breaking Dawn) to go camping at Duck Creek.
Miranda can't believe I would take such a precious book where there is dirt and a chance of wrinkling the pages.
Our downstairs air is on the fritz, so I'm looking forward to the coolness of the mountains.
Happy Breaking Dawn Reading to all the Twerds out there!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Breaking Dawn....Vampire Prom
at
10:09 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
I am so glad that the day had come. I feel a little left out that I couldn't be there to share in the joy. Have fun in the mountains and have fun reading!
Post a Comment