I just love the Summer Olympic games. Ryan and I are serious TV junkies when it comes to watching the Olympic events. My favorites, of course, are swimming and gymnastics. But I enjoy watching all the others as well. I was so bummed that we missed the opening ceremonies. I'll need to find them on You Tube or something.
In fact, in honor of the Olympics (and I just felt the need) I started lap swimming in our pool. It's not quite the same as the Olympic size pool I see on TV. (I think 3 laps in my pool is equal to 25 yds give or take). I'm no Michael Phelps, but I do enjoy swimming again. (I swam the 200 & 500 freestyle in High School)
Gus is quite excited with my new exercise routine. He runs from end to end waiting for me to turn the other direction and yelps at me if I take too long. It gets a little scary when he decides to jump in and swim along with me. He especially loves to try and get my kickboard away from me.
I don't know why I haven't been swimming all summer....it's so fun and relaxing and definitely cooler than my morning walks. Not to mention I don't have to get up at 6am to avoid the heat.
Monday, August 11, 2008
One World, One Dream
at
11:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Sounds like fun! I've actually used my shuffle and walked on the treadmill a bit lately. Can't go very far before I start feeling numb and tingly but I'm doing better. Camp walking really helped me.
We love the Olympics too!! How fun to be able to swim laps, Bailee wishes we had a high dive so she could have a little diving action of her own.
I totally am hooked. What is the deal with not showing Phelps finals until like MIDNIGHT. Some of us have to wake up early for work. Oh well. I am glad that you have found inspiration to work out. I just look at my elliptical and sweat thinking about it. UGH!
Post a Comment