Friday, August 22, 2008

It's all Geek to me

When my brother Logan called to invite Parker to a LAN Party, I said "a what Party??"
Seriously, I'd never heard of such a thing before. I'm now well educated with the definition of this term and know it to be a group of nerdy boys who get together and network computers together to play games against each other. My brother, who is the king of computer geeks, (love ya Logan) had enough computers/laptops just lying around for everyone. So, Parker, Josh, Zach, Vance and Logan all have their own computer and created teams to play against each other.
They are playing the night away as we speak.


Who knows if they'll get any sleep tonight. Hopefully Parker doesn't get caught up in the moment and feel he needs to do this too frequently. I know video games have their place in today's society, but, neither Ryan or I have ever been one to get too hooked. Parker's love of them truly baffles me sometimes. But, I suppose we all need our hobbies.

Miranda also had a sleepover with 4 of her friends last night. I hope the neighbors don't turn us in for being too noisy past curfew when the girls decided to have a late night swim. I was actually able to fall asleep and didn't hear a thing. (There's not much that can interrupt my sleep time) Ryan wasn't so lucky and ended up sleeping in the Casita because of their giddiness.
Ahhh to be a teenage girl again. Miranda was actually feeling guilty for spending too much time with her friends lately. (I know, everyone should have a Miranda for a daughter. Gotta Love Em!
School starts Monday so I suppose they're both sneaking one last sleepover into the summer. Who can blame them.

2 Comments:

Natalie said...

I guess since Loney's been doing these for years...it nothing new to me. Just go with it, it's not as bad as you think.

Verlynn said...

I have to say that Parker did admit that "next" time he thinks they ought to go to bed for a while instead of pulling an all nighter.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...