Now please don't think I'm crazy for blogging about this, BUT....I just had to share.
A few weeks ago my cousin told me about a program that, if followed, helps you save tons at the grocery store. (I'm talking Albertsons and Smiths - not Walmart)
She briefly explained it to me and I started looking into it. I attended a class that she hosted to learn more about it.
Now let me preface that I'm NOT a coupon shopper. Ryan laughed when I told him about it and said, I doubt you'll actually do it. I mean, coupons....really.
So last week was my trial run... I was able to save $111 at checkout plus earn $30 of additional vouchers to use at Albertsons at my next visit. It was a pretty good deal, but I did end up spending $90, so I wasn't a firm believer YET....
This week (ads come out on Weds.) I tried it again. So with list, coupons and vouchers in hand I headed in. I swear my heart starts pounding when I go to use the coupons, (not sure if I'm doing this right). I'm not a coupon type of girl....
Anyway... Today I purchased $100 worth of groceries for $24.47 (seriously)
Here is a picture of everything I bought (I know, I'm crazy)
It breaks down like this.....
$99.59 - total purchase (original prices)
-$39.47 - preferred card savings
-$ 5.65 - coupons (not a huge percentage of savings this trip, but every little bit helps)
-$ 30.00 - store vouchers (remember I earned them at my last visit)
$ 24.47 total spent
But wait....there's more.....
I also earned another $30 in more Albertsons vouchers to use next time!
Woo Hoo ....success!
I'm still learning how it all works, but getting the hang of it. I may have a class for anyone interested in learning this system.
It's like building up your food storage... but cheaper!
The only problem I'm finding so far is not having enough pantry and freezer space to hold all my purchases.
Now....what will be on sale next week?....... stay tuned!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Serious savings
at
4:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
You could always empty the cupboards in the craft room for your excess food stuffs! I can't believe you arranged all your groceries. It does look impressive.
I am definitely interested in the class especially if it is on this side of town. congrats on the savings, I am truly impressed!!
Hey Ging! I'm all about spending less on food, then we have more for shoes :) You'll have to teach me about this voucher deal...
Post a Comment