Saturday, November 15, 2008

Super Saturday

Today was a Super Saturday in many ways...
First of all it was literally our Relief Society's Super Saturday. It's so fun to have a morning filled with crafts, friends and food. I really enjoyed hanging out and chatting with all the ladies from my ward. They are so fun to be around. I taught the class for the Recipe Box and everyone did a wonderful job creating their own boxes. I truly do enjoy creating projects for all of them to make.
One topic of conversation led to decorating our homes and using color. I told them of the bold colored wall I created in my loft. They were quite interested in seeing it so..... for the benefit of those who read my blog... Here is my multi-colored wall

In the second photo you can see a glimpse of the rug that inspired the colors for this wall. It took a lot of time, painters tape and a good level to create this design, but I love the result.

Another reason for it being a Super Saturday is we were able to go to Henderson for my cousin, Casey's, wedding reception. I realized I hadn't made a wedding card to hold our gift card, so shortly before we left I created a recycled wedding card for them. I used their wedding announcement to make their card. You can see photo's and read all about it on my crafty blog "Hearts-n-Hugs".
It was great to just visit and hang out with my family. I'm related to the most fun people EVER! There's never a dull moment when we all get together.

So this was a bit of a random post, but that's why my Saturday was SUPER!

2 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Was fun to see y'all at the reception. The colorful wall has been a favorite of mine since you did it. Years ago we did a striped design in our kitchen in Cedar and folks thought I was nuts but I loved it. Different is often good.

Robyn said...

I totally LOVE that wall! I'm so jealous of your talents!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...