It doesn't take much to get Gus excited. Riding in the truck to take Miranda to school, a little "treat" in his dog dish, even just a scratch behind his ear can get his tail wagging.
But NOTHING gets Gus more excited than the opportunity to go bird hunting!
Gus can sense that something is coming the minute Ryan starts setting out the gear the night before. He can even tell that it's time to hunt by the kind of shoes Ryan puts on in the morning.
Gus gets so excited his teeth start chattering in anticipation.
Once at the Bird Ranch there's NO stopping Gus. From what I hear, he runs the entire field 10x before the gear is even unloaded from the truck. He rarely stops to rest or to drink water. Gus is so in his element at the bird ranch. (Guess that's why he's a bird dog)
I actually love it when Ryan takes Gus hunting because for a couple days following the hunt Gus is too tired to do his usual antics around the house. He just lounges and sleeps every chance he gets.
Friday Ryan took Gus to the Ranch and we think he may have actually overdone it this time and Ryan was a little worried about him. He thought he even had chills and a fever. (don't ask how you can tell a dog has a fever)
So Gus got a little pampering for a bit until he showed more signs of life. He was just too dog tired to move! (I love it!.... I mean, poor Gus.)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Dog Tired
at
3:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
When Gus is up to it, we have some pigeon's we need taken care of.
I hope he is OK. It's like babies they can't really tell you what's going on and it is so sad!!
Keep us updated!
Give Gus some extra lovin for us, we are suckers for any dogs that "take care" of birds.
Ahhh, poor Gus! Did he "catch" any birds?
I'm tired just looking at him. Hope he is feeling better.
Post a Comment