Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that comes and goes without a lot of fanfare or shelf life at the store. Have you ever noticed that before Halloween is over Christmas is on display and Thanksgiving stuff just gets put on 70% off with all the leftover Halloween decor.
It really isn't fair to such a wonderful Holiday. I love Thanksgiving, I mean you get to be with all your family without all the stress of gifts, or fanfare.
We spent a wonderful day with Ryan's family in Cedar City. We somehow managed to corral everyone long enough to get a group photo before dinner.Even my own little family was all smiles (not the norm) when I wanted pictures of them.Nancie was even a willing participant in photos. It's rare that she will let me take pictures of her, but I'm soooo glad she did. She's such a beautiful lady inside and out. After 3 turkeys, 1 ham, 7 pies, and tons of potatoes and gravy Thanksgiving is over and the official countdown begins.... only 24 days until Christmas!

2 Comments:

Natalie said...

So much fun. I didn't take pictures of everyone who was at mom's house. I should have, but just didn't think about it. Glad you had fun.

Verlynn said...

Whew! At lease Herk was there. Didn't you take Gus? Bet he's sad. Glad it all worked out for Nancie. You're right she is beautiful inside and out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...