The kids and I were hanging out downstairs when I heard the dogs making "playing" noises upstairs. That's Odd I thought... why are they rough housing upstairs?
I decided it would be a good idea to check things out... you know, to make sure all shoes were intact.
I called their name as I headed upstairs and Gus came first - head down, looking guilty and heading straight outside.
Sophie was next, bounding energetically, happy as can be as she followed me upstairs and straight into Miranda's bedroom....
When I entered behind her I found this...They had found Miranda's chocolate stash from her birthday and Seussical and had eaten EVERY last bit of it!
Snickers, Reeces Peanut Butter cups, mini and cups, Big Hunk and a box of Sees chocolates.
Gus has eaten his fair share of chocolate before and survived to tell the story, but this was a new adventure for Sophie and I wasn't sure how her little body would react to all the sweet chocolately goodness. Although I'm sure Gus didn't let her have too much.
I let her stay outside for an hour to make sure it wouldn't come back to haunt her.
When she came back inside she bounded upstairs and stood at Miranda's door waiting for someone to let her back in to the Candyland room.
This morning neither dog is showing signs of chocolate overdose, although Sophie did seem more energetic than usual last night and I found clean candy wrappers on the lawn this morning.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Candyland
at
7:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 Comments:
LOL! You have a mini-Duke! A tip: feed her some rice. It will counteract all the not so good stuff in her tummy.
Sophie has to realize that its the friends she is hanging with,,, she might have to find a new friend. Gus has had alot of experience in this field. "chocolate"
This is so special.
see, that's why I'm not getting a dog. My kids get into enough trouble by themselves.
Gad Zooks! I thought raising kids was a challenge! It's not when you compare it to raising dogs.
Gad Zooks! I thought raising kids was a challenge! It's not when you compare it to raising dogs.
Post a Comment