Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mystery Outing

I rarely get to surprise my kids with anything. They are just too smart and usually figure it out. With summer almost over I tried to think of something fun and different we could do today to get everyone out of the house. I remembered hearing about an indoors mini golf place and decided that would be perfect... (and out of the summer heat).

So last night I just told the kids that we were going somewhere and it was a surprise. They couldn't stand not knowing so they played 20 questions to try and figure it out. They made me promise that if they guessed it I would tell them (hummm, think they don't trust me?)

No one figured it out last night, so I thought I was in the clear and it would be a great surprise. But this morning they continued asking more questions.

Ultimately, Parker guessed it.... Mini Golf. I told them it was right, but they didn't believe me.
I thought there would be no way they would guess because we hadn't gone for such a long time. and there really isn't any in Las Vegas before now.

So we spent a fun hour at King Putt - an indoor, black light, mini golf course. It was so fun. When we arrived a group was just ahead of us so the kids played a game of Air Hockey to give them a head start.
There was 18 holes (duh), and each had their own obstacles.... It was pretty fun to golf in the dark. I didn't want to use the flash and ruin the atmosphere so enjoy the silhouettes of the kids
Parker made a hole in one on the Parrot holeVery tricky getting the ball into the gator's mouth
Under the Sea.... Nope, Ariel wasn't there
Loop-de-loop hole #13 ( I made it first try)
Notice the ball in action at the bottom of the photo... Posing with King Putt himself!
Almost at the end...
We had such a fun time and guess what.... I won!
(No... I didn't cheat)

It's sometimes hard to find something fun to do with 2 teenagers that they won't think is too childish. But we'll definitely go back and visit King Putt!
Now... what to do tomorrow?

6 Comments:

D said...

That is fun! I think I need to surprise my kids with an end-of-the-year activity! I never thought of that. By the way- I started planning PTO stuff today. It was all good, but for some reason now I have a headache. There are some pictures of April and Randy on my blog- I got to see them last week. Thought you might be interested in seeing them after all these years :)

Nancie said...

This looks so fun and cool, what a
perfect idea. Love to see the kids. and guess what I sure miss Ryan, seems he is so far away, for to long.

Nancie said...

Oh and, Ginger I miss you alot, and would love to see you in a picture, you are a wonderful mom.
You are always doing for your family and others..Love you tons.

Natalie said...

How fun! I'd love to be able to do something like this. Maybe when they are a little older. Glad you and the kids had fun.

Verlynn said...

Too fun! I wanna go too. I thought you might take them to Tuachan or something. 'Corse I didn't have 20 questions.

Miranda said...

Yeah, mom! Why didn't you take us to Tuacchan, or Loin King, or something? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...