Ryan took Parker and Raynold to Paiute Golf Course for Breakfast and Golf on Saturday morning.
They had a 7am tee time and Parker jumped right out of bed bright and early. Last spring he and I took golf lessons. Ryan takes him out to practice and they always have a wonderful time.
I asked Ryan to take some pictures and he actually remembered. However he only took them of Parker instead of everyone. (Guess I can't ask for everything)
Parker's favorite thing was to drive the Golf Cart.
Parker has a wonderful swing and stance. He gets better and better every time he goes.
His follow through is awesome....whoops, what's that.... looks like he left something behind.
Oh well, can't hit 'em all!
The rest of the day was just wonderful. We watched both conference sessions, made a Costco trip for fun...I don't recommend doing that on a Saturday! Miranda went to the movie with a couple of her friends. They call themselves the "Antisocial group". They try to do something once a month because they don't have any other friends to do anything with. They all love the Twilight books so have much to talk about.
Ryan and his dad went to the Priesthood session and then we went out for a late dinner.
Just a beautiful springtime day!
Today we're just relaxing and enjoying the Sunday sessions of conference. Nancie and I decided to prepare a Turkey dinner for later.
For the past few years we play Conference Bingo during each session. In the Friend a few years ago they had a game for kids to play during conference. It has words on each square and when you hear it you cover it with candy (today we're using peanut M&M's).
Once someone gets a bingo, everyone clears the board and starts over. Parker loves to do this during conference. And it actually gets him to sit and listen.
I've really enjoyed Conference, there have been some wonderful talks.
Hope everyone also found the words as inspiring and uplifting as I have.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Golf, Movies & Bingo...oh my!
at
10:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Enjoyed conference also. Glad Parker has found a sport! I could handle a Tiger Woods type grandson. The bingo sounds like a good idea (just 'cause I like candy)
Post a Comment