Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cub Scout Day Camp

Parker is now in Webelos in Cub Scouts. Every year they have a Day Camp that lasts for 3 days. The last two years I was part of the stake committee to plan and work at the event. But this year I declined the offer and Ryan and I helped out as Den Walkers on Saturday and helped out Parker's group.
Parker had a great time (I think Ryan did too). Parker's favorite class was the BB Gun. He and I shared a target and got quite a few in the bulls eye! Ryan was quite excited when Parker told him he wants a BB gun of his own.
Parker hasn't had a lot of interest in Ryan's favorite hobby, so maybe this is the start of something big!
Parker also enjoyed the archery class. Ryan is also a bow hunter, so when the teacher told the kids how to hold the arrows, Ryan had to correct him. He had been telling the kids incorrectly all day. We noticed after our class, he changed how he instructed the kids.We all got a little sunburned, but had a wonderful day. Parker also did soap carving, leather engraving and other fun boy scout activities.Tomorrow the kids are out of school. Parker asked Ryan if they could do Breakfast and Golf again. Ryan has a full day at the office, but they have a 6am Tee time scheduled. There's no way Ryan is going to pass up an opportunity when Parker is wanting to go. It's so neat to see Parker and his dad spend time together.

2 Comments:

Natalie said...

That is soo cool. I'm sure Ryan is thrilled the Parker is finally taking an interest into what he's into.

Verlynn said...

Go Parker! I like to shoot also. I was a dang good archer in High School and College. I was one of two A's in my college PE class of over 100 students in Archery. (Grandpa took it also and got a B.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...