Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Thoughts and Prayers

Today when I finished at the gym I noticed I missed a call from Ryan. I called him back and he told me about a horrible accident. Raynold (Ryan's dad), Eric (Ryan's Brother) and Nathan (Eric's son) were on their way to Toquerville to do some work when they rounded a blind corner and another car ran into them sending them rolling 2 1/2 times down a hill. No one was wearing their seatbelt and they were tossed about inside the truck.
Miraculously everyone survived. Nathan walked away with nothing too serious as he was on the passenger side. He stayed at the accident scene to help Police.
Eric and Raynold were both scraped up pretty badly. Eric was driving and Raynold was sitting behind Eric. The ambulance took them to St. George to be treated. The x-rays revealed that all was well inside. They both needed stitches, and Raynold had some teeth knocked out and lost his hearing aids. They were released from the hospital to go home later in the afternoon.
The lady driving the car that hit them was having surgery and in critical condition. She had a 4 year old daughter in the car with her and she had a broken leg and also having surgery.

It was frustrating to be here in Vegas and not know what was happening. No one called us very well to keep us informed. When we tried to call them, no one would answer.
Ryan and I were nervous all day.
What a blessing that they survived with so little injury.
I couldn't help but think today about how precious life is. How we need to take advantage of every opportunity to be with our loved ones and to always tell them how much we love them.
I always stress to my children to buckle up, but today it was especially on my mind.
My thoughts and prayers are with Raynold and Eric and I'm so grateful they are ok.

1 Comment:

Verlynn said...

So grateful also. They will be in my prayers also. Thanks for keeping me updated (as much as possible).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...