Last night Parker informs us that it is Take Your Child to Work Day today. He has grand plans of staying home with mom and having his friend Brecken come hang out with him.
Hummmm.....do you see anything wrong with that picture.
First of all, if he was going to stay home to work with mom...I would definitely put him to work. I have a lot of chores that could be done around the house.
Secondly, I already had a full day planned and wasn't staying home.
Ryan also had meetings and such that he wouldn't be able to take Parker to work all day with him.
Soooo We came up with a plan.
Parker (and Brecken) would stay home with me and help me get concession food to the venue for the PTA 5th grade track meet tomorrow. We actually ran into Parker's teacher at the school when picking up the food. Parker tried to hide, but Mr. Maranto thought it was pretty fun for Parker to split the day up with both Ryan and I.
Then we met Ryan for lunch and to make the switch
Ryan took both boys to his office for a little day in the life of a lawyer. Although they mostly helped make copies, hole punch and put binders together. Ryan had a client meeting so the boys entertained themselves by playing on my computer.
I'm not sure what the boys actually learned by staying home today, but hey, It was a great excuse to ditch right?!?
Miranda decided not to stay home today. She's had a lot of choir performances the last couple days and has missed classes for them. She didn't want to get more behind in class. She really dislikes making up homework.
I attended the first day of Nevada PTA convention at Sams Town. I didn't like being there by myself, but I did attend some informative workshops. I'm going to more tomorrow, after the track meet, but not sure if I'll go on Saturday. It really is boring without anyone to chat with.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Take Child to Work Day
at
10:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Glad to see Parker and Brecken becoming part of the "real" work world.
Post a Comment