Today was a very low key Halloween for us. Ryan took off early for a bit of bird hunting. Miranda spent the night last night and all day today with her friend Shaun. So that left Parker and I to fend for ourselves. Parker's buddy, Brecken is out of town, so he was a bit bored. I'm sure shopping with mom isn't his ideal thing to do on a day off from school, but we made the best of it. He was a great shopping buddy and a fabulous cart returner. He even came home with a shake from In & Out and a couple "prizes" from the stores we visited. (I'm such a push over)
Parker later joined Miranda and her friends for a bit of Trick or Treating. They all looked great in their costumes (again)
It's great that Miranda's friends don't mind younger siblings hanging out with them. They truly are a great bunch of kids.
While the kids were out gathering candy, Ryan and I snuck out for a ride on the Harley and a little Cafe Rio (yummm). I'm sure we missed a few goblins that came to our house while we were away, but since we've been home we've had less than 12 trick or treaters come to our door. Miranda and her friends continued the night watching Young Frankenstein while Parker, Ryan and I watched "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" - what a classic!
So now I have TONS of leftover candy to hide from myself before I eat it all (I forgot about a stash I had before I bought more). Seroiusly, I've been soooo good I can't mess things up now.
Anyhoo, Hope everyone had a fun - I mean - Spooky Halloween!
Friday, October 31, 2008
All Hallows Eve
at
10:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
I'm pooped! Worked the Haunted House for the last three nights and tonight was pretty crazy! I personally like the "low key" holidays. Kids look great.
Too fun for your kids. Jordan and Melody had fun dressing up. Now to stash the candy so I don't eat it all.
I love Halloween but hate all the candy. Best of luck staying away from it. Try having 4 buckets in your home!!
Happy Halloween!
Post a Comment