Sunday, October 12, 2008

Clev the Dragon

Some people have cats, others have dogs. Some even find snakes and lizards to be adorable and perfect pets. We've decided we're not lizard people. About a year and a half ago we bought a Bearded Dragon Lizard that Parker named Clev. He was so cute and tiny at the time we brought him home. He fit very comfortably on the log inside his cage.
But time has passed and Clev, is no longer tiny, (Still kind of cute though). We didn't hold him a ton, so he is rather skiddish when we try to pick him up.














He is a verocious eater and can down as many crickets as we put into his cage. I caught this amazing talent of his on video one day (I know, I'm crazy). Notice how big he is compared to the first image - that's the same log!


Today, we said goodbye to our reptillian friend. We decided it would be better for Clev if he had a home where he would be held a little more often. Some friends in our ward agreed to take him. They already have a couple leopard gekos so they are already used to the cricket feeding routine. Parker is happy because he can visit Clev every week when he goes to scouts (they are his Webelos leaders).
We'll miss Clev, but I won't miss the weekly stops at the pet store for crickets and finding loose crickets throughout the house. (thank goodness for the bug guy).

3 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Good bye Clev... sniff, sniff.

Natalie said...

Bye Clev, so sad I never met you.

Kathy said...

I feel bad for Parker. Atleast, he can visit Clev that will be good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...