So, what do you do when your so tired your eyes burn and can't stay open, but you're waiting for your daughter to come home so can't go to bed yet?
Well, I think I'll post on my blog...
I've been meaning to post for a few days now, but haven't had the time/energy.
Ryan has always loved motorcycles. Growing up, he and his brothers almost always had one. Even when we were first married he owned a dirt bike (I don't think we could afford a full motorcycle). He's always dreamed of owning a Harley Davidson, but has never acted upon this urge.
A few years ago his brother, Eric, bought a simple, used Harley and has since updated to a Road King. He and his wife Lori have been known to take the bike on weekend road trips on a whim.
This, of course, has just fueled the fire for Ryan's desire to own one of his own.
It really didn't come as a big surprise to me when he started showing me photo's of Harleys on Craigs list and the Harley Davidson site. I'm sure just trying to get me used to the idea of him purchasing a bike. He finally zeroed in on one in Arizona that he quite liked. For a few weeks he debated back and forth about going to get it.
He finally broke down and decided to buy the bike. It's a Road King Classic 2004 (I think).
His brother, Eric, drove to AZ early last Saturday to pick it up. (Eric rode his Harley here from Cedar). Not 5 minutes after they arrived home, they took off on the first ride to Fremont Street, where there was some biker party going on. (not sure what they call those).
Since purchasing the bike, he has been super willing to run errands for me just for an excuse to ride it. He's been able to take it to work a couple times this week (thankfully he didn't have to go to court) 
I have yet to ride with him because I don't have a helmet yet (NV law). He's already planning to go with Eric and Lori to Laughlin River Run next year. I've warned him that curly hair and helmets do not go together, so I'd have to straighten it to go anywhere. (he doesn't care for my hair to be straight).
He's like a kid in a candy shop and is seeming to really enjoy himself while riding it. But I'm having a hard time seeing myself as a biker babe riding on the back....
Friday, October 10, 2008
Hog Heaven
at
11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
What is it with the bike fascination? I'm sooo glad Loney does not have that bug in him!! Good luck with your Helmet Hair!!
Post a Comment