All the 5th grade is doing a Wax museum on Friday. Parker's class is doing President's and First Ladies. Parker was assigned John F. Kennedy. Originally he was pretty disappointed that he had him (He wanted Theodore Roosevelt) (And JFK is a Democrat afterall).
After a little light-hearted humor from Miranda and I (we came up with some pretty good poses) he accepted the idea and has written his report, selected his 3 poses and prepared his costume. The only thing left is to practice holding completely still for 15 minutes while everyone walks through the "museum" staring and talking about you.
Parker's first attempt to hold still was not very good. He busted up laughing everytime Miranda and I would come in pretending to view the wax figures. It took quite a few tries before he could hold his pose without smiling or laughing. (The bribe of a scoop of icecream for every 5 minutes he could freeze didn't hurt either).
Gus was even getting into the poses.I finally had to join in the cause and help him with a pose that he is doing with the kid who is Nixon in his class. This is much harder than it looks and I give all the kids credit for holding still for so long.
Parker is a bit nervous about being able to hold still for the entire time. I'm sure he'll do great.
Stay tuned for the big day!
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Strike a pose
at
9:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment