Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Day like Today...

A day like today makes me realize something...
That I'm extremely grateful for the talents, ambition, and support I've been given.
Sometimes I get involved in so many things and projects that I just don't know how I'll get it all done. Although I truly do enjoy the creative projects in my life, they can also be exhausting. It all comes down to time management and planning. Ryan frequently gives me a hard time for being such a "Polly Planner". Sorry, but I'm not always a "fly by the seat of my pants" type of girl. Seriously, how else can I get the things done that need to be done if I don't plan? I'm sure all moms have some sort of built in planning mode that helps us get things accomplished. Mine just goes into overdrive when I have big projects to complete.
The past couple days were spent making favor boxes for the Stake Bishopric Wives Dinner. I made chocolate popcorn to put inside this cute box. Ryan even punched out the windows and assembled the boxes for me.
Today I had to seriously manage my time to figure out how to get everything in (don't get too bored reading about my day)
7am - Shower and get Parker ready for school
8:30am- Run to school to check on supplies for the fundraiser hot dog dinner
8:45 - Drop off "Letter" labels to Lisha for dinner tonight
9-10:30 am - Sweat away my worries in Gym class (almost cut this out, but felt guilty - dang that exercise high)
11:00 - Stop at Costco on way home from gym and buy flowers for arrangements
11:30 - Grab Cafe Rio for lunch (can't ruin my Tuesday tradition)
12-1:30 - Assemble 6 centerpieces for dinner
2 - 3:30 - Volunteer in Parkers classroom (Tuesday is my scheduled day)
(Arrange for a ride to take Miranda to Choir concert - and give Ryan instructions on when to be there - 6pm - (that's another story)
3:30 - 6 - Load car and set up for Bishopric Wives Dinner
6:30 - 7 - Set up for Card Class (which is at my house)
7 - 9 - Card Class
9 - 11 - Clean up after Card Class and put away platters etc. from Bishopric dinner
Now my body is telling me to SIT DOWN and GO TO BED. Obviously I don't listen very well because I'm blogging instead.
The dinner turned out very well from reports I've heard. It's amazing how everything can come together in the end.
Here's some photo's of the set-up
I'm totally in my element when I get to do projects like this one. I wish I could have been there to help out. Ryan is pretty supportive of me when I'm in my project zone. Other than having fend for yourself type dinners, I don't think my family suffers too much. For now, I have no major projects on my plate until the Super Saturday on Nov. 15th. (Unless I've forgotten something or get a "call" from someone in the ward needing my help). That will be a busy week but after a few days off and a little more planning I'll be ready to go!!!

4 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Tables look great. Popcorn was a great idea in my humble opinion. Nov. 15th is Casey and Briann's wedding so even if you can't make it to the temple hopefully you'll make the reception. I'm doing lots of calendar clearing and almost feel guilty about it. At least one of us is busy!

Sommer said...

Those women in your ward who keep asking you to do this stuff better be darn grateful!

Sommer

Kathy said...

I'm so glad to know you took part in the awesome night. I loved the box, it even crossed my mind that you might have something to do with it. There was a sister there who didn't get a box and was desperate for one. I totally gave up the box for her. It just goes to show that all the ladies really enjoyed the little gift on the table.

Ginger, I love how planned you are. It makes it easy to count on you I'm sure.

Again, thank you for all that you did last night. It was so beautiful and awesome!! Your amazing and my idol.

Natalie said...

Man you're a busy woman. I would have such a hard time with having my kids so little. Looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...