Before I post about the museum, I have to say that I've had a bit of blogger trouble the past few days and I could not log in to post. So I'm back and going to play a bit of catch up.
Yesterday was Parker's BIG day as JFK for the wax museum. He woke bright and early, showered and willingly let me gel and style his hair like JFK. (I don't think I've ever used a blow dryer on his hair before).
We arrived at school early so he could get ready for the big event.
The entire classroom was buzzing with President's and First Ladies. There were some excellent costumes. (thanks to Halloween coming up).
Parker chose 3 poses as JFK and they switched every 7 minutes. I was able to go through enough to get a photo of each pose.
The first one I saw was JFK reviewing the Documents for the Peace Corps.
The Next pose was JFK shaking hands with Nixon. (this was Parker's least favorite)The next one was of JFK and the famous pose of him on a portrait inside the White House
Parker, and the rest of the 5th grade did an excellent job.
Here's a photo of his entire classThe best part of Parker being JFK was that Miranda, who had the same 5th grade teacher, was Jackie Kennedy when she did the wax Museum.
So here's a little peek at the two together....Hummm.... I'm thinking Halloween costumes!
Wow...talk about a walk down memory lane, that seems like so long ago. Miranda had a great time learning about and posing as Jackie. I missed the pose she did with the famous sunglasses. Miranda wanted to come to Parkers museum and make a "guest appearance" as Jackie.
This is such a fun event for the 5th grade students. Unfortunately this will be the last one I get to go to (sniff, sniff).
I have a couple video snippits of the museum to share. Enjoy!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Wax Museum
at
9:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
Looks great! Good job Park! Sorry I had to miss it. Nice to see you back on your blog.
Kind of a neat thing for the kids. Really helps them learn about the presidents and such. Good job Parker.
Post a Comment