Did I scare you?
I know you weren't expecting a new post from me but I swear my home computer doesn't like me spending time on my blog. I've tried many times every day to log on, but I finally had to unplug everything and voila! I'm back at it.
Friday night was the Harvest Festival at our school. I have a wonderful Special Events VP, but she still needed help with everything since this was her first time doing this event. After 4 years I've figured out a few tricks of the trade to help the festival go a little smoother. I spent all Thursday and Friday at the school making cotton candy, popcorn, sorting prizes & games, and setting up. My legs and feet are always soooo tired after this event. I usually take 2 days to recover from it.
I always forget to take my camera. I'm so bummed because I was going to take pictures of everything to make it easier for the set up next year (I won't be there you know- he he).
We had over 1000 attend this annual event. It really was a great night.
Saturday was our wards Trunk or Treat. It's been years since they had one so we were super excited. They were also having a pumpkin carving contest so I suggested to Miranda that she have her friends over in the morning and carve pumpkins to enter. I purchased all the pumpkins and supplies they needed, as well as pizza and soda. Once all of them came Ryan and I snuck out to have lunch (and a ride on his bike). I put everything out for them before I left so I expected them to be all finished when we came home.
But, they had other plans and just hung out all afternoon. Ah well, I now have pumpkins to carve later.
The Trunk or Treat was pretty fun. I was able to recycle my costume from last year when I did another wards Trunk or Treat. I dressed up as Ariel and decorated my car as "under the sea". I even had that song playing over and over.
The little girls were once again in awe that Ariel came. I spent half the night chatting with them about Flounder, Sebastian and my daughter Melody. It was fun.
Ryan also had his truck there. ( can't believe I didn't get a photo) We brought our popcorn machine and he handed out popcorn from his truck. Everyone thought we were in competition. Ryan even wore his Pirate costume from a couple years ago. (I forgot to take a photo, how lame am I, so here's one from our party in 2005) In my defense, I couldn't walk! Miranda met up with all her friends at the church. I didn't see them except for when they came by for more candy (Swedish Fish is their favorite)

They're such a great group of kids. They all get along real well and always have a wonderful time together. They are so funny when I'm dropping them off....they each have to give the person that's leaving a hug before they go. So everyone gets out of the car hugs, then piles back in. Too Fun!
Miranda and Parker had great costumes....
Miranda was a gypsy and Parker was Linus (from the Peanuts)
All in all , everyone had a great weekend and the kids are already making plans for Halloween night!
Sorry for the loooong post, but I had to catch up a bit. Hopefully I'll not have any more problems and posts will continue as usual.
Monday, October 27, 2008
Oogie Boogie
at
7:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Glad you've survived your last fall festival at school. Also too fun with you all dressed up as Arial. Really is a great idea.
Looks like great fun! Kinda felt guilty about missing the last fall festival. Am sure the fish pond could have used me! Come out on Friday night to our ward's trunk or treat. Trying to talk Heather into coming also. Mom
Man I did miss out on the trunk or treat. I would have loved to see Ariel in real life. Next year!!
Post a Comment