Sunday, October 5, 2008

Joy in the Journey

This weekend I had the wonderful opportunity to listen to many words of wisdom, love, encouragement, hope and testimony from the leaders of our church. I'm so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know my life has been touched in more ways than I know because of the teachings of the Gospel. I strive everyday to do the things that I know will bring me closer to my eternal goals. I struggle, as many of us do, with the doubts that fill my mind and heart that I'm doing everything I can. But I know that if I just seek, I will gain the help needed to build my Testimony every day.
I'm thankful for my loving family who continue to amaze me with their strength in the truths. Ryan always has wonderful insights to the Book of Mormon that I never think of. He helps me to make an effort to apply them in my own life today.
Miranda is always there with words of wisdom, keeping our family on the right track.
Parker never ceases to amaze me with his knowledge of the Gospel. (I think he'll teach Gospel Doctrine next)
I know that I'm not perfect, but I'm trying.
Every 6 months I get the boost I need to try harder. Listening to the testimonies of the speakers at Conference helps me to know "I CAN DO THIS"
I anxiously awaited to hear the counsel given by our Prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He encouraged us, he encouraged ME, to find JOY in the Journey. To not get so caught up in daily to do lists that we neglect the things that matter most and bring us joy. Wow, I really think he was speaking just to ME!
I feel completely uplifted and strengthened by the teachings from this Conference.
I can do this....We can do this.... I hope to be an greater example to my children of the happiness that can be found when we follow the teachings of the Gospel.
I am thankful for the knowledge that I am a daughter of God and that he knows me and hears my prayers.
I pray we can all find the peace known only through Him. We are divine and we each have a purpose. I know the Gospel to be true and I want everyone to know how happy I am to be a part of it.

2 Comments:

Sommer said...

That was wonderful! Thank you for sharing your testimony.

Verlynn said...

Yes, thanks for your testimony. I also loved the "Joy" in Pres. Monson's talk. I had been thinking about that very topic on the way home from UT and felt like it was a benediction on my own thoughts.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...