For being a boy of only 10 years, Parker sure has a lot of needs/wants/expenses. There is a new computer game out called Spore. So, in true Parker fashion, he is trying to earn the money to purchase it. I'm trying to be creative in his tasks to complete and not make them too "chore-ish". I wouldn't want him to think that he can complete usual chores for money. So.....
I decided that my front porch benches could use a little TLC and be refinished and painted. Parker has again enlisted Brecken to assist him with this task. They, of course, will need to split the money they earned. The process began tonight with each of them armed with an electric sanding machine. They were able to sand and prep all 3 pieces (bench, chair & table). I have the stain for the wood, but I need to do some research on prepping and painting the iron before they can continue that step.
I do hope all this work is teaching him something he can use later in life. How does the saying go.... "You can't get somethin' for nothin'"
Hopefully I'll have beautiful like-new benches to enjoy after this little project is complete.
Friday, September 12, 2008
He's at it again
at
11:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
I need my baseboards cleaned... Yes, I'll pay. His ambition tickles me.
He reminds me of his father, remember that conversation we had about ambition? I think it is great!
Sommer
I think it's a great idea. Shows Parker the value of work..mostly...and will help him appreciate what he gets more.
Post a Comment