Monday, September 29, 2008

Storm before the calm...

I know, that saying should go the other way around, but not in this case.
I have been on a re-organizing, de-clutter, throw-away, DI donating FRENZY!!!
And it feels sooooooo good!
It all started Friday when I needed to clear out some space for the new computer...and my cleaning just took on a life of its own.

This photo is after I cleaned out 4 craft supply and fabric cupboards. And I do mean cleaned out! (you can see them empty in the back) I wish I would have taken before pics of the cupboards. I've since filled some of them up, but I'm still not all organized yet and have room to spare. I'm making my way around the room. My scrapbook area is next - yikes!
It'll be so nice to get rid of a lot of my "treasures".
A friend of mine went to an organizing class a while back and the teacher said to use the rule of 50% when discarding things. Only keep 50% of what you have and you'll have plenty! So far in my frenzy, I've kept maybe 25% and I'm loving it! I can't believe how much stuff I've kept. I actually found checkbooks with our old house address on it. (they are being sent to the office shredder)
Ryan's been doing the same thing in the Casita with all his hunting stuff.
So just a warning....if you come to visit me right now, my craft room isn't exactly presentable at the moment, but it is getting better and better each day!
Next comes the garage and shed!!!!!

6 Comments:

Sommer said...

I hope you're thinking of me if there is any "junk" you'd like to give away! I'll be home today! When you get your place organized,let's make a "scrap date!"

Sommer

Verlynn said...

GOOD FOR YOU! When we get back in town next week I'm going to start on my play room and do the same thing! DI is going to be overflowing. I'm planning to use at least one of the cabinets in the closet for food storage so they'll still be full but not with my junk.

Kathy said...

So where is the after shot? The mess that comes from organizing always has my husband confused. When it's all over though he appreciates.

Debbie Freeman said...

There must be something in the air. I too am headed to DI to give them all kinds of "treasures."

Natalie said...

I soo need to do this too. I'm sure you'll feel soo much better after it's all done.

Anonymous said...

Hey ginger - you wanna come organize me too? I love your CuTe blog...we need to talk fall festival soon...ttys jana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...