...that's the best word I can come up with to describe my Creative Escape weekend..
PINK
Sommer and I arrived just in time Thursday afternoon to complete the "Technique Boutique" that included items needed for class as well as fun little extras to create. They also took Photos of all the participants. (They even featured our photo in the slide show on the final day) You can see it HERE
When we returned back from dinner, we found little goodie bags awaiting us on our beds. 
Inside these polka dot packages were these adorable aprons
It's so fun that CE gives that little extra touch.
We retired early since the first day of classes began at 6:30am!
Each day we had 4 classes that lasted 1 hr 45 min each with 30 min in between and 1 hour lunch. Each teacher had prepared wonderful projects..many of them mini albums. But most of them had a special reason for creating their project. They stressed how important it is to focus on ourself once in a while...and it OK and not considered selfish. That's certainly something I need to work on! We ended the first day of classes with Tim Holtz It was a super entertaining class that we quite enjoyed.
Dinner the first night was Mexican buffet & it was delicious!
Friday night they have an Extravaganza that has fast paced projects from 8 different teachers. Thankfully it ended early and we were able to get back to our room around 10:30. We again found a quaint little package on our beds....
These fun little rings were inside.
Saturday was just as jam packed as the first. We started with our class from Heidi Swapp. She is super nice and very talented!
Her project was an interactive perpetual calendar that is so fun. One of the wheels on her calendar is a slot to put ideas of things to do that give you a little "me time" LOVE THAT! We also had a class from Kolette Hall, who is a designer for Big Picture Scrapbooking. She created "The Good Book" which is a mini album that allows you to write down something everyday that you are grateful for or blessed with. It's a fabulous idea and something I will definitely do...(just need to get it finished first.)
When it was time for our last class, Sommer and I were really starting to feel the exhaustion .....
CE ended Saturday night with a more formal sit-down dinner.
And in true Heidi Swapp style, we were served dessert first!
The treasure chest followed our theme over the weekend. Inside one of the chests was a prize of admission to next year's Creative Escape (nope, I didn't win)
We stayed up until midnight finishing up a couple projects and did NOT set our alarm for Sunday morning.
We had so many goodies and projects to take home...I'll be working on them until I go again next year (hopeful thinking)
We had a fabulous time and I'm so glad I was able to go on this little Escape!
Tuesday, September 9, 2008
Think PINK
at
9:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Looks and sounds like great fun. Wish I had the talent to actually appreciate and participate in something like that! Dang. Maybe next life. Can't wait to see some of the stuff in person.
Really cool Ginger. I was wondering when you'd post about it. So glad you had fun. Maybe I'll be able to go next year.
If you could just hold a private class for me that would be great. It would be scapbooking, card making 101. It looks like you had a lot of fun. You probably could of taught some of the people a few things from what you have already done. Your so stinkin' talented!!
Love ya!!
Post a Comment