I feel so behind when I don't blog for a couple days. So much to tell and so little energy (he he) Actually I'm feeling much more in control than I was before. (I knew I'd survive) Guess I'd better back track to get up to date.....
I wanted to update with the fruits of my labors....
The first fruit is actually a vegetable and a fruit (he he)
I was able to pick the first tomato and cucumber from our garden.... I can't believe I actually have a garden again! The zucchini and squash aren't too far away from being ready. I used some of the cilantro in my salsa I made for the luncheon. And the lizard is quite enjoying the basil and cilantro as well. No I have to confess...I haven't eaten these yet, BUT I will very soon.
Another fruit of my labor is actually from my labor and delivery.... (he he)
Wednesday night was Parker's Choir concert. The theme for the concert was "Music from Around The World" Each of the kids got to wear a costume representing different countries. Parker was soooo excited that he got the costume he wanted.....French. He got to wear a beret and everything!
Parker took his role in the choir VERY seriously. I tried to get him to smile, but he was all business. I think he managed a couple smirks in between songs. Miranda was able to help out with the CD player that night...she did so well!
I'm so glad that both kids have a love of music. I think at least a bit of that has come from me. Since the Stake Broadway Play, they have been singing songs all week. It's so fun to hear them harmonize and sing together. Parker is even going to do a solo song at his Choir concert next Saturday.... (Santa Fe from Newsies). Miranda decided not to sing solo because she already had enough to sing. He and Miranda are both involved in a choir directed by a lady that used to be in our ward. Just a little side job for the two of them....(and one more place to run them to ;0P
Moving on to the third fruit of my labor.....Thursday was the Teacher Luncheon.
After a few days of intensive labor...it's finally done.
It went very well...all the teachers ranted and raved about all the delicious food and the decor. Even today when I went in to help in Parker's class, the teachers stopped me to thank me. The Chocolate and Caramel fountains were a hit...(thanks Stacie for letting me borrow your twin fountain). I don't get mine out too often, but I love to use it!
I forgot to get pictures of my centerpieces. I found little tea roses and put them in decorative tins with pink, green and yellow "grass" pouffing out. The tablecloths were pink, green and yellow to coordinate with the stripe on the food tables. We also had raffle prizes for each of the teachers. Nicki and I spent the last couple days collecting and wrapping the gifts.
However, my day didn't end there.... I attended my first Stake Girls Camp meeting(gotta start getting geared up for that) as well as the cast party for the Stake Play (Parker was set on going).
I was EXTREMELY exhausted at the end of the day and was in bed before 10pm. (Shocker...I know). My legs are still aching from all the use.
Now I'm all up to date to today. This morning I actually had a bit of time to put my downstairs back in order. It needed it desperately.
Tonight, I actually sat down and relaxed while Miranda and I watched 27 dresses. Very cute movie, and yes...I cried at the end. Hey, it was a wedding, what do you expect!
Now I'm looking forward to a relaxing Mother's day weekend.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Fruits of My Labor
at
11:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
I liked 27 Dresses also. The luncheon looks great. Would have liked to see the centerpieces. I'm so into flowers, you know. Which Sat is the concert with Park and Miranda?
Post a Comment