Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Just a little shout out to all the Mother's out there! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day. I'm writing this post while Ryan and the kids prepare dinner/lunch. (That includes carrot cake for dessert!)Yes, that is the tomato and cucumbers from our garden!

Ahhhh....Calgon...take me away!
I have grand plans today of taking a nap and ...well,... taking a nap.
No plans for me today! Just spending time at home with the one's I love...my family!

Thankfully my family is still speaking to me after what I did to them this morning.
I set my alarm for 7:30 this morning to get up and going for church. (trust me the time frame is important to the story)
After I showered and dressed, I went to wake Miranda (around 7:50). I continued getting ready while Miranda showered. Then about 8:15 I woke Parker to get him going and in the shower.
So, Miranda, Parker and I were ready to go by 8:45.
So I'm pacing in the kitchen wondering why Ryan hasn't come out of the casita to get dressed and ready to go. (he knows how I am about being late).
I resisted as long as I could, but finally I went to the casita to see what he was doing.
He tells me I gave him a very crusty look as I asked why he wasn't ready to go.
He innocently replied...."because it's only 7:45".
Uggghhh.......I can't believe I missed out on an hour of sleep because I somehow messed up the time on my clock.
Parker said..."No wonder I'm so tired". Miranda just laughed and asked what I wanted for breakfast. (what a sweetie)

I'm so grateful that I can be a mother to such wonderful children. I know I brag on them a ton, but isn't that what being a mom is all about? They bring me so much happiness. I can't imagine my life without them in it. They are growing up so fast. I know I always say that, but it's so true.

I appreciate all the things my own mother has taught me. She is patient, kind, forgiving, and charitable to the extreme! All the things I hope to be and to teach to my own children. I was looking earlier for a picture of her and I together to post, but I couldn't find one. How sad is that? I found this picture of all my family taken a couple years ago. Flash forward...... I saved my post in draft so I could eat a wonderful meal and enjoy the afternoon with my family. We ate outside and enjoyed the beautiful spring day. We stayed out there just hanging out for over an hour. Now after a nap, reading "the Host" and watching a movie with the kids I'm ready to finish. (yes, Miranda agreed to let me borrow her book as long as I don't take it out of the house and I don't eat while reading)
Miranda gave me her gift tonight and it was well worth the wait. She designed a mini album for me. It is so neat. She printed photo's off the computer to use and decorated each page. She had to work on it upstairs in secret so I wouldn't see it. What a sweetheart. Parker gave me a coupon book complete with a 10 minute back rub....can't wait to collect on that one.
I love Miranda and Parker sooooo much. I'm so proud to be their mother. I told them at Easter that I was going to make them take more family photo's today, but they changed into their pj's right after church and I just forgot until later. Don't worry....I'll get 'em tomorrow!
Happy Mother's Day!

3 Comments:

Natalie said...

What great family you have. I too think it's sad though that I don't have any pictures with mom and I. Definately need to change that.

Verlynn said...

There is a good reason why you have no pictures of your Mom... I'm freaking ugly! Someday when I'm good looking (post surgery, I'm sure)you can have some pics. Glad your Mother's Day went just as planned. I'm so glad our church starts at 11:30!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the new background. And I've got "blog-envy" for your title. You're going to have to show me how to do that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...