Tuesday, May 13, 2008

If life were easy....

...It wouldn't be any fun at all!

Everything and Everyone is in full swing here at the Dennett household. Everyone has lots on their to do list. Thank goodness there's only a few weeks to go until things settle down. Anyone can handle being busy for a little while...right?
*Miranda has started working on a solo and duet for a competition the end of June so she's added a few extra rehearsals to her already busy schedule.
* Parker is in a school play of Alice in Wonderland and has an after school practice this week.
*This Friday is our ward's Father & Son outing. Unfortunately it is the same night as our school Movie Night, so Parker is torn about missing either one. I'm not sure what he'll decide to do.
*I've been briefed on my Girls Camp duties and have already started preparations for next Wednesday's First Aid certification night.
I'm helping with a wedding for my cousin and we're working on the cake this weekend.
I've been getting ready for the Movie Night this Friday at school.
I have 55 card kits to assemble for next Thursday's RS Card Class
*Ryan has just settled a HUGE case he's been working on for 4 years! He's relieved and stressed at the same time. He still has lots of details to work out before it's ALL done.

I'm trying so hard to keep things here at home a non-stress zone for everyone.
We may have had a few too many "fend for yourself" dinner's lately. And the clothes that I washed last week may still be waiting to be folded. And perhaps the house isn't as clean as I would prefer, (these are all hypothetical of course). Ryan has been very patient with me and pitches in when he can.

I read in a magazine today that if we would change our thinking from......
"I SHOULD be doing this" to "I COULD be doing this"
It helps take away the guilt we feel when we don't do everything we would like to do.
Makes perfect sense to me. I put so much guilt on myself for things I "should" be doing.
When I know perfectly well....I Can't do everything!

So.....I could be putting away the dishes in the dishwasher, but I'm going to go settle in bed and read the Host for a bit.

BTW....I still haven't turned on the AC, but this weekend is supposed to get into the 90's so I might break down!

1 Comment:

Verlynn said...

You're my hero if you can stand the heat! My swamper is pumping away right now and it is 65 degrees in the hallway. Yeah! Time to hire a cleaning service. I've got one if you want. (Friend of a friend deal) Are we decided on Tuachan yet?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...