A while back Ryan bought tickets to a 51's game for the entire office staff. Most of them bailed on us, but the remaining 3 joined our family at the game. Parker was able to invite Brecken since we had extra tickets. Miranda tried to invite a friend, but no luck, so reluctantly she went along, and I think she secretly had a fun time. It was raining when we left the house so weren't sure if it would be called for rain, but the skies cleared and it was a beautiful evening.
We had excellent seats right behind home plate not too far back and it wasn't very crowded.
It was free hat night so everyone in our group got a 51's hat.The boys were brave enough to take a picture with the 51's mascot, Cosmo the alien
(looks a little like Jar Jar Binks if you ask me).
We (meaning the kids) consumed Hot dogs, Hamburgers, pretzels, peanuts, and ice cream while the 51's played a winning game of 11 to 3. It was also Fireworks night so we had an amazing show put to music (one to rival Cedar's 4th of July). What a fun way to start off our extended Memorial weekend! No major plans for the rest of the weekend....just making it up as we go along. Perhaps catch a couple movies that have just come out.
Ryan keeps thinking I'm going to start working on some project, but I have assured I'm not. I may actually sit and scrapbook in my newly cleaned craft room. Except that I hate to mess things up once I get it clean. Such a vicious cycle.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Take me out to the Ballgame
at
2:35 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
Sounds like it turned out fun! Glad it wasn't too cold. Don't let him know if you work on the scrapbook LO for RS. Have a nice relaxing weekend.
Post a Comment