Sunday, May 18, 2008

Let's catch up...

Things have been so crazy lately I haven't been able to post like I would like to.
So now I get to play catch up for a minute.
Friday night was the school's movie night. It went very well and we had about 200 in attendance. We had estimated around 500 so we had PLENTY of snacks. This was the first time doing this so we had no clue what to expect. Amber and Harlen did our sound and it was incredible. They also took cf lights for our concession booth.
Thanks for coming all the way to my side of town to help us out!
Miranda stayed home and had a couple friends come over. They had a crazy- fun time!
I tried to take a picture of them, but no one was cooperating ...hummm imagine that.
In this shot, Miranda is charging towards me to take the camera away.
Needless to say it was a late night!

Saturday, following Stake women's choir rehearsal for me and Broadway rehearsal for Miranda, the kids had a recital for their "Handy Choir". This recital featured spotlight solo numbers from some of the kids. Now you would think that Miranda would jump at the opportunity to perform, but NO.....it was Parker who wanted to do a solo. He sang "Santa Fe" from Newsies. I was so proud of him. I was crying so much I'm not sure how steady I kept the video camera. I kept looking at the words to the song in case he needed any prompting, but I couldn't even read it through my tears. (I'm such a softie)
After their performance we headed to Henderson for a bridal shower and to start on a wedding cake. My cousin is getting married and the shower was for his bride to be and the cake is for them as well. Mom is heading up the wedding plans for them, so, of course I'm pitching in with the cake, flowers, food, favors and whatever else I can (that starts with F).
Mom and I make a pretty good team when it comes to things like that. Oh, I finally got a photo of us together. ( Although I realized the flash wasn't on so it's a little dark). We even have our monogrammed aprons so you can tell us apart.
We made 30 calla lilies out of fondant to put on the final wedding cake. I was pretty happy with the way they turned out. Once I got my system down it wasn't too hard to do. Kind of fun actually! The final cake is going to be covered in fondant, however , it's going to be pleated. It'll be a fun challenge to say the least. We're not making the cake until the 31st, but I'll be sure to post more pictures of the final cake then.The kids tagged along with me to Henderson. Miranda just hung out and watched a movie, while Parker goofed off with his cousin Josh. they were going crazy with my camera and even figured out how to take panoramic photos using it. They are such goof offs. It's amazing how I was able to concentrate with all their craziness around us. They even used my camera to video tape some skit they made up. Not sure how to upload that yet.
It was another late night for us. I didn't get to bed until 1am!
Today was Stake conference. It was very enriching as usual.
I was also able to cut and assemble the card kits for my RS class on Thursday.
Glad to have those crossed off my to do list!
Ryan may be home tonight unless he's too tired to drive from Cedar.
And yes....I turned on my air today, but only to 78 degrees. I figured since it's 100 outside it needs to be less than 82 inside. Parker even complained of it being too cold. Hummm, maybe I'll turn it up to 79.

3 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Those are dang good looking calla's. You are the bomb. Golly, it sure is a good thing we had our names on our aprons. NOT! Be sure to call with a Raynold update tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Gosh you are such a busy gal! I'm exhausted just reading about your life!

Natalie said...

So sad I wasn't able to help you guys, but I should be able to come and help on the 31st. Life is crazy and I'm sure it will only get worse.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...