Thursday, January 3, 2008

Happy 2008

Well, what a way to start the new year... not blogging until the 3rd of the month.
We went to Cedar and had a great time with Mark & Heidi. We played games til the disco ball on Times Square dropped. I forgot to take my camera over to their house, so I'll have to get Heidi to send me some she took so I can post them. On the drive back to Ryan's parent's house that night it was 7 degrees. Yes...I said 7 (single digit ...SEVEN) degrees.
Burrrr....waaaay too cold for my blood.
I guess I can't complain too much about the cold weather here.

I haven't had a chance to really dig into the house cleaning yet. Yesterday I was at the office getting the bills ready, and today I went to Henderson to help my mom with a wedding cake.

Miranda had an exciting day yesterday.... She has been wanting to take voice lessons for a while now, and I finally remembered to call and get the information. So yesterday she went for a trial lesson to check out the teacher and vice versa. She thoroughly enjoyed herself and impressed the teacher with her abilities and knowledge of music and singing. (Yes, she gets it all from me...I taught her everything I know). So it looks like we'll be signing her up for weekly voice lessons for a while. I sure hope she likes singing because that's all she's going to be doing for a while. Between voice lessons, 2 school choirs, 3 Broadway classes, and the "Handy" choir she's got her work cut out for her. I'll be packing on the car miles running her around too. It's quite a commitment to take 2 hours (with drive time) 4 evenings a week to get her to her classes on Mon, Tues, Weds, and Friday. Thankfully school and "Handy" choir are closer.

We were thinking about going back to Cedar this weekend and hit the slopes at Brian Head. The kids and I would take a day of lessons then Ryan would join us later to ski. But it looks like a fun storm is hitting the mountain, so we'll have to postpone that trip for a bit. The kids are quite excited about learning to ski. Just hope they don't get discouraged when they fall all the time. I suppose when they see their mother fall more than they do they can't feel too bad.

2 Comments:

Stacie said...

Remember your first skiing trip? "I looked up...and all I could see was WHITE!" I'll have to tell your kids all about it.

Nicole said...

I gave up skiing as it is a trauma waiting to happen. Also, I can't manage to get off the lift without falling. Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...