Today was another busy day for me. I think I was home for about 1/2 hour (to unload groceries) since I left this morning at 9am and got home at 8pm. Spent a lot of the day at the school. We handed out our belated Christmas/New Year gifts to the teachers from the PTA. We had shipping issues, so didn't get them before the winter break. We gave them all an adorable tote bag with the school logo imprinted on it. Friday is also the day Miranda & I help out in Parker's classroom.
Ryan had to go to Mesquite today for a deposition, so afterwards he decided to head up to Cedar for a little snowmobile action with Mark. I stayed behind this time because Miranda has her first Leadership Retreat tomorrow as a Beehive counselor in YW. She is super excited to go. Parker had a Primary activity tonight to get to know his new teachers, and now he is spending the night at a friend's house. So I get to have the morning all to myself to get some stuff done! I'm planning to run to DI and take some of our stuff I've been cleaning out.
While Miranda was at her Broadway class tonight, I ran to Pebbles in My Pocket (my fav scrapbook store in town) to try and find inspiration for Ryan's 40th b-day invite. Well, I finally got the inspiration I needed. I'll be sure to post the final product once I get them done. (hopefully this weekend).
As I was sitting here (not wasting time) on the computer, I ran onto this wonderful quote on a blog I read from time to time of Ali Edwards.
I found it to be exactly what I needed to read today.
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony.
William Ellery Channing
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

2 Comments:
I love that quote!!! Thanks for sharing. I'm going to use it in RS. Glad you're doing some healthy purging.
cool quote.
Post a Comment