Friday, January 4, 2008

Much to do....

Well, we didn't end up going to Cedar after all. Ryan got busy at work and I got busy around the house. I did quite a bit of cleaning today, but still a lot to do.
I really have a hankering to do some scrapbooking, but I can't seem to relax and focus when the house is a mess. Guess that's why I rarely scrapbook anymore.
There is a site called Big Picture Scrapbooking
They offer online scrapbook classes. Well, this month they offered a free "class" challenge to make 31 layouts in the 31 days of January. They have daily drawings and a monthly contest for those who post their layouts each day for the month. I signed up to do it, but have yet to create a page. (you don't exactly have to do one page each day...just so you have 31 by the end of the month). Anyway, I'd love to get motivated and get the creative juices flowing again not just for cards and such.
In 2006 I had a goal for the year to create 52 layouts for the year, or one page a week. I didn't quite make that goal that year (about 20 short). I suppose I could give that a whirl again this year. I just need to not purchase any more supplies and use the abundance I already have.
ORGANIZATION is the key! I really need to do some purging and organizing, not just with scrapbook supplies, but everything else in the house. Take one in...send one out! (much easier said than done).
I'm afraid I may have a bit of Granny in me and can save things just because I might need it someday. In all honesty, I usually end up buying something else anyway.

Well, many changes are going to take place starting on Monday...I'm going to enjoy the weekend. I have many goals and challenges or "resolutions" if you will, for myself and family. Just going to start tackling one thing at a time.

2 Comments:

Verlynn said...

Good luck with the new year, new week, new resolutions.

Stacie said...

Um...remember your cousin who likes to scrapbook...maybe you guys could plan a scrapbook night like you used to. I'm sure she'd be happy to get started with you. Especially if Miranda watched Charlotte & Parker played with Wyatt. Just a suggestion.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...