Sunday, January 13, 2008

Heartache

So, I'm on the Enrichment committee in our ward and surprise....I'm over the scrapbook class. We're rotating between, cards, digital, and regular scrapbooking. So this week is our kickoff to promote the activities we're doing for the year and I'm in charge of making a display for the scrapbook class.
Anyway.... I sat down and looked through my scrapbooks to decide which ones to display, and just felt a deep heartache.
I've realized that my kids are growing up so fast. I'm so amazed at all the things they have accomplished, and I wonder if I did or am doing all that I can as their mother to teach them what they need to know in life.
I think they're going to be children forever and that I'll have plenty of time, but I know that isn't true. There are so many things I want/need to teach them. I need to spend all the time I can with them now, because before too long they won't need their mother so much anymore.
(Miranda is already getting more independent).
I remember when they were little we would go on walks and look at the ants crawling across the sidewalk, or spend an afternoon at the park just for fun. Lately, I seem too busy to spend "fun" time with them. I don't think running to Target qualifies as fun for them( so they have told me). I really need to slow down and listen to them.
I get so preoccupied with the things I HAVE to do that I forget about the things I NEED to do.
I have to be there for my children, I have to teach them about the gospel, I have to tell them I love them. So....that's what I'm going to do!

5 Comments:

Verlynn said...

You go girl! You're a great Mom but even great Mom's can be better. All the things you've realized are so true. You're going to do just great and the children are amazing.

Nicole said...

You are doing a wonderful job with your children.

Stacie said...

So funny...I was just posting about the same thing. I totally agree with slowing down and appreciating these children!

Natalie said...

Amen. I too have been pondering that very subject. Luckily my children are still small. I've got to spend more quality time with them. You are an amazing mom though Ginger!!

Debbie Freeman said...

Thanks for the good reminder, I love the way you said it. You have awesome kids and I hope as my kids grow up too fast they do it as well as your's have.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...