Ok...so my plan was to start fresh and new yesterday with eating better and exercising more. Well, Monday didn't start off so great, but today I made it back to the gym and the Body Pump class I've been attending. It did feel good to work out again, but I'm sure I'm going to be pretty sore tomorrow. I did pretty well eating all day until my healthy dinner plans were foiled and we ordered pizza instead. Must keep trying...Tomorrow is another day.
See, my plan is to wake up at 6, get Miranda out the door at 6:45 (Ryan takes her) then hit the treadmill until 7:30, shower, get Parker to school then off on my day by 9am. It all sounds good in theory, just need to put it into action. I was doing that very routine last fall, but haven't done so well lately.
Miranda has been real good to wake up by herself so far, (good thing too because I'm not liking the 6am thing).
On Monday we had Parent Teacher Conference with Mr. Maranto, Parker's teacher. He had nothing but praise and good things to say.
They just finished some testing and Parker scored the highest out of ALL the kids at his school. He also is on the reading level of 12th grade. WOW...yes, he definitely gets that from me. I'm so proud of him.
Just before winter break he took a test in Science on the water cycle. Well, he didn't do very well and it brought his grade to a "B" . It is a very high B mind you, but a B none the less. Parker was just panicked that he might not get an A on his report card, (he gets that from me too) so he asked his Science teacher if there was any extra credit he could do to make it up. She gave him a book to take home over winter break and told him to do some of the water experiments and questions and bring them back for credit. So that's what we did. Well, come to find out, no one did well on that test, so today she sent home a list of extra credit options for the entire class to do. So Parker has already done 4 of them, and only has a few more to do. I think he deserves extra, extra credit for coming to her in the first place before she decided to give everyone the option of extra credit.
Ok, I'm down off my soap box.
I'm off to bed so I can enjoy this last night of not being sore, because I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow....and the next day...and the day after that...and....
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
I'm gonna Pump You Up!
at
9:05 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
Be tough! Just cause I'm a wimp doesn't mean you can be one. I'm proud of you for getting back in the exercise mode.
Go Parker! Yeah that exercise thing is really hard to start. I can't wait to get started again after healing from surgery.
Post a Comment