..Or should I say Monster Cookies? Well I did have my baking day, however I didn't stay home and work at it all day like I had planned.
I needed to help Parker carry his water project to school, so I decided to shower (first mistake). Then Ryan had some suits that needed to go to the cleaners so I thought I'll just drop those then head home to bake.
Well, the cleaners is right next door to Albertson's so I ran inside to get ingredients for Vegie soup for dinner (I knew I'd be in a mess for dinner after baking) So then I thought...while I'm out I should run to Party City to get the tablecloths for the Teacher Lunch, Return a couple things to Target, Pick up the crafts for Parker's class party at Michaels.......well, you get the idea.
Needless to say I didn't get baking until about noon.
I did end up baking 24 giant cookies. I ran out of time (and energy) so I decided not to put the frosting border on top. (they taste better without them anyway) They were fun making them with the 4 different flavors in each cookie. (I ended up mixing 8 double batches of dough.)
You can kind of see the sections in the picture. The good thing about baking the giant cookies is I can't keep "testing" the finished cookies. I think people might notice if a chunk was cut out. I did, however test each dough. White Chocolate Cranberry is definitely my favorite, with milk Chocolate Toffee coming in second.
The only problem with these cookies is they were completely taking over my kitchen. I got all 24 wrapped, tied with a bow and tagged then we loaded up the car and delivered all but 6 of them. Whew! Feels good to check one more thing off my list.
My feet are very tired tonight...wish I could squeeze in a pedicure this week. Hummmmm.
Miranda finished up one of her big projects tonight. She had to rewrite "A Christmas Carol" in modern times. She is an excellent writer, but felt pretty stressed out about getting this project finished. I'm going to stay up and type it for her so she can turn it in tomorrow..that's what mom's are for right? Although, I may leave some of it for Ryan to finish up in the morning.
Unlike me, he wakes up bright eyed around 5am every day. Ugh! I'm having a hard enough time adjusting to 6 - 6:30am. I'm so NOT a morning person. Confession time....Sometimes I even get back into bed for another half hour after Miranda leaves for school.
I watched the Biggest Loser finale tonight. These people are amazing! They lose soooo much weight in what, 4-6 months. Good grief. I think I could do that too if I could move away from life and live on a campus with a daily trainer and only good food in the house. Well, I can't even get started on this topic, it's much too late and I have a paper to type.
Better go heat up the water for cocoa!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Cookie Monster ...
at
11:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
I definitely need to get that White Chocolate cranberry recipe from you. It sounds absolutely delicious!!
I'm with Debbie...where's the recipe?
The cookies look so yummy but I'm still waiting for my cornflake cookie.
Post a Comment