Today I have come to the realization that I may not get everything done that is on my to-do list. I know, I know, it's shocking. But...I am, after all, only human. I may or may not decorate for Christmas, I may or may not send homemade cards, I may or may not keep my house spic and span 24/7. I must set limits and decide what is the most important thing for me to do right now. I truly want to enjoy the Holiday season with a stress free mind. I did turn down requests to help with the Ward Christmas party. (I did the entire thing last year)
Just too many things on my plate.
Today was busy as usual. Won't bore you with the details.
Parker (and Ryan) went with the scouts to the Planetarium. I'm sure now he'll be back in his "space" phase and wanting to decorate his room with the space theme. He changes his mind so often, I don't dare paint or purchase anything. Actually, I hate to admit it, but he doesn't even sleep in his room anymore. He had a lot of bad dreams, and started sleeping in the loft. Does that make me a bad mother....I hope not. I need to choose my battles, and as long as he is still going to bed and waking up on time, what does it matter where he sleeps. (right?)
Miranda went to Broadway class tonight and did not enjoy herself. She got to listen to all the girls sing that got the parts she auditioned for. I'm beginning to wonder if she should be in it if it doesn't bring her enjoyment. I'm not sure I like how the class suddenly changed it's focus to the competitions coming up in the spring either. Definitely some decisions to be made here.
Not tonight...too late.
Busy day again tomorrow (what else is new)
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Realization
at
12:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
So sorry to hear about Miranda's disappointment. It's gotta be hard. Perhaps just doing some voice lessons and such by herself will help. I know all about being busy, and I'm not half as busy as you are. You are superwoman!! I'm glad you declined to help with the ward Christmas party though. You need to enjoy this time of year without the stress. Don't worry about getting you're house clean right now....decorate your tree and think about the reason for the season as you do so to help you relax. Just some food for thought. Just remember I'm thinking of you and hope the stress level goes down a few notches.
Go buy your dang cards already. I'll email you some links for some AWESOME picture cards. All you have to do is download a pic and they will print them for you. Some even look homemade and are SUPER cute. That's what I'm doing. Seriously...enjoy this time of year and your family. Don't stress about it. No one will think less of you if they aren't homemade. WHO CARES? It's not worth the worry. And as for those broadway class snobs---FORGET THEM! Miranda doesn't need that crap.
The cards I was telling you about have real ribbon and everything. Cute, cute, cute. I thinks sometimes we just need to learn how to say "NO" else we get too crazy. I know I'm guilty of that. Just say "NO" and dedicate your time to you & your family. You need to.
At least you are getting Christmas cards out this year. I'm in the process of "thinking" about Christmas cards. How sad is that? Take time for yourself. Enjoy your family and the Holidays with them. In the end, they are what matters most.
Miranda is talented and doesn't need validation from the Broadway class. There will always be competition, but don't let them take her passion for singing away from her.
Post a Comment