Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Safe and sound

Had a bit of excitement today. I arranged for someone to pick up Miranda today because I had some Christmas shopping to attend to. Miranda had forgotten her house key and just let herself into the casita to keep warm and wait for me(it has a keypad lock). Little did she know the casita is also connected to the alarm.
So whileI was in the middle of my shopping and I get a call from our Security Monitoring place saying our alarm is going off. I knew it was Miranda, but couldn't figure out why she didn't just turn it off with the code. Well, I couldn't remember my password so they couldn't call off the dispatch team. After a bazillion phone calls between Ryan, Miranda, myself and the security people, Ryan finally was able to cancel the alarm and security which was on the way to our house. The bummer part of the whole thing is I had to end my shopping early so I could go home to let Miranda into the house. At least everything was safe and sound.
You know, I definitely feel more secure with the alarm system, but sometimes it is a pain in the patootie! Another time it went off while we were out of town, so we had a neighbor check on things and it ended up being a helium balloon setting off the motion detector.

I finished the office party invites. I just hope everyone get's the quote and thinks of the color blue instead of the feeling blue. I thought it was a clever take on the Blue Man Group that we'll be attending.We did re-takes for the Christmas card tonight...the kids were very patient with me since they had to put off watching the new Harry Potter movie. Here's a couple fun shots of the kids. (ignore the goldfish Parker's eating)
Aren't they just the cutest!
Well, I'm off to finish my hot cocoa with marshmallows and get cozy in bed.

3 Comments:

Stacie said...

Love the invites. So cute!

Natalie said...

The invites are really cute Ginger. The kids are adorable as well....even with the goldfish mouth.

Verlynn said...

Cute invites. Goofy, darling kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...