Sunday, November 11, 2007

Ahhhh....Sunday

I just love the peacefulness of Sunday's. No where to run to (except church of course) not a lot of phone calls, no cleaning...just a laid back sort of day. I did bake cakes today for one I'm making as a Cheerleader cake. I hope it will turn out ok...you know... you have an idea in your head, but it doesn't always come out as you picture it. I've made a couple elements to put on the cake, a megaphone and pom poms out of fondant. I'll be sure to post pictures when I make the final product.

I do have a couple photos I can show now, they are a princess cake and makeup cake. I made them for my friend's 2 daughters. 4 and 8. I'm pretty happy with how they turned out, but did learn a few things if I make them another time. The tiara is made of Royal Icing and the bows are fondant, The make up is made from chocolate molds. and the makeup bag is also a cake. Kind of fun to do, but not sure if I'd want to make a business out of it. Here's also a picture of a wedding cake for my cousin Amanda. It was a fairly simple cake, but very
impressive with it's massive height and 12+ dozen roses. It turned out beautiful. I've always made my children's birthday cakes and a few wedding cakes, but have just began experimenting with the world of fondant and other techniques. Fun, but a bit messy in the kitchen. Speaking of messes, I must clean up my cake baking dishes..yikes, did I say clean...no way, not on Sunday, it'll still be there in the morning, besides, it's time for one of my TV indulgences, Desperate Housewives.
Ginger

1 Comment:

Debbie Freeman said...

Okay now you officially have "comments". Sorry to leave antoher one, but I just wanted to say your cakes are awesome. I love how creative they are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...