Friday, November 23, 2007

Happy Belated Thanksgiving!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and we got home so late (around midnight) that I didn't post. Ryan took the kids riding on the Rhino and 4 wheeler in the morning. They were gone for quite a while and had a very fun time even though it was in the 50's. I spent the morning making 12 doz. rolls, an apple pie and Miranda made cookie salad. The house smelled soooo good. I could bake everyday just to have that wonderful aroma in the house. Problem is...I'd just eat it all too!

We headed out to Henderson to spend the afternoon at my parents house around 1:00. It was a great meal with all the trimmings. There was over 30 people for dinner. Definitely a full house! All my siblings were there. It was fun to have everyone all together again. I wanted to get a picture with all my sisters, but didn't happen. I did get one with Heather, who came from Washington. I also took a photo of the kids with their Great Grandma Sanders. It's such a rare thing to get a photo with granny. She doesn't like getting her picture taken. I also wanted to get a family photo, but that didn't happen either.
After eating and visiting, we all headed out to the movies to see "Enchanted". I really enjoyed it, and believe it or not.....I didn't cry! We stopped by my Aunt Shelley's house to say hi. Parker ended up staying the night with Wyatt. They've had soooo much fun together the past few weeks.
Today I woke up with a bit of a sinus thing (bummer), but it didn't slow me down. I had told Miranda I would help her straighten her room after it was messed up from closet remodeling. So that's what we did for over 5 hours! We completely de-junked and rearranged it. She LOVES how it's set up now. Ryan finished the trim and shelves for the closets. He just need to hang the new doors and it'll be all done.
Here's a shot of the new organizers I took in Sept. when we first started the project.

We met Stacie at Cozymels for dinner to make the kid swap. And now the kids are settling down to watch "Phantom of the Opera". We surprised them with tickets to the Phantom show tomorrow night. Miranda's been dying to see it for quite a while now. Tomorrow will be more straightening and hopefully start decorating for Christmas. Can't wait to get everything looking festive around here.

1 Comment:

Debbie Freeman said...

Happy Day!! Hope you have fun at the show!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...