Saturday, November 24, 2007

Oh...What a Night!

What a fabulous night we had. Ryan and I surprised the kids with tickets to see Phantom at the Venetian. Miranda was soooo excited all day. She kept counting down the hours until we left. Parker had told us he didn't want to see Phantom, but we "forced" him to go anyway. (I think he was almost as excited as Miranda). We first went to dinner then on to the show. We arrived about 45 minutes before curtain. So we cruised around the shops and watched the Gondola riders. Miranda was nervous that we would miss the show, so we headed back to find our seats.
Both the kids were mesmerized with the entire production. The effects were spectacular! Such an awesome experience for them. When it was over....Parker was going on and on with questions about how they did all the special effects. Miranda was surprisingly quiet. I kept wondering if she liked it or not. Finally she said..."Mom that was the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Can I please start voice lessons asap".
Miranda has always wanted to act and sing on Broadway, and seeing this production set that dream in stone. She has such a wonderful singing talent. I can just see her in a leading role someday if she puts her mind to it.
We ended the evening with Cold Stone. Miranda couldn't wait to get to bed and absorb the Playbill we purchased for her. Parker, of course had to have something too, so he found a pen from the gift shop.
I'm so glad we were able to take our kids to see this wonderful show. We have been trying to plan a trip to New York to see Wicked and Phantom on Broadway. Miranda would be in heaven if we get it worked out.

3 Comments:

Natalie said...

So glad to hear Miranda had a blast, of course who wouldn't when it's Phantom! I'm even impressed Parker had a good time too. So...wanna take me to NY???

Stacie said...

Sean & I saw it and LOVED it. I would love to go back with Wyatt. We keep talking bout NYC with Brent. It would be so fun!

Nicole said...

How fun for you guys! I have been wanting to go for so long. Glad to hear that you guys loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...