Sunday, November 18, 2007

When mom's cry....

Today was a crying day for me. Not necessarily a sad crying, just, well...let me explain.
It all started when I received an email from Miranda's Broadway teacher that told of the parts everyone received from Friday's audition. Well, Miranda didn't get the part/s she auditioned for and she was pretty devastated. She was crying before we left for church and had pretty red eyes so Ryan took her home from Sacrament so she could re-group. I picked her up so she could go to Young Women's and she was doing much better. I really don't like those tough "life lessons" when they happen to your kids. It's so hard to see them disappointed and hurting. So of course I felt her pain and had to cry along with her.

On a happier note, Miranda decided to make a temple envelope for her YW in Excellence project. It turned out very nice she did a wonderful job on it. She'll display it that night as well as some pillowcases she's made (super cute too) . She's also going to make a collage with photos from her dance and "Kidshine" singing days and also display some cards she's made. She is just too talented for words (takes after her mother he he ;D) (sorry the photo is blurry)
So another reason for my crying today is the talks and lessons were so good at church. Sacrament was on Prayer and RS was about Revelation. I just was so touched by some of the stories and comments that I really was moved. (thus the crying) Anyway, I'm totally recovered now and hopefully I won't cry so much tomorrow.

There have been about 16 sign up for the Family tin I created for RS and 6 for the Christmas tin (see first post). I'll need to get busy and get the kits made soon. I also need to finish my favors for Thanksgiving, as well as get my Christmas cards going.
Hummm....how can I make the days longer? Or perhaps make me have tons of energy and motivation!
Ginger

2 Comments:

Natalie said...

Those crying days are always interesting. I think they sometimes help you release things that are pent up. Sorry to hear about Miranda's dilemma. I hope she get's the parts she tries out for next time. I'm with ya on getting things done with no time to do it. I've gotta get crackin on my christmas cards too. Oh well, perhaps the motivation and stamina will come tommorw.

Stacie said...

Poor Miranda! SAD. Wow you're getting jiggy on your blog. I'm still trying to figure out how to do the 3 column!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...